« Home | Tradition » | Our Savour Was Born » | Restoran Kar Long, Off Jln Pudu » | Sharing » | Thank you Streamyx :-( » | Mine » | Oh, What A Night! » | Nite Of The Mousedeer » | Stupid Is As Stupid Gets » | Shit Happens » 

Tuesday, December 12, 2006 

Epigram of a Quitter

Fate's in one's hand. I believe that.

Some people will have their lives surrounded with good people. Hence, they are always be able to create win-win situation, both favorable to themselves and the people around 'em.

Or the other way round.

Some, however, always result lose-lose situation. Everybody loses around them.

Bonnie once told me about a boy lived next to her house when she was young. According to her description, I remember I use to have a tuition mate like that too.

This bugger is one big pain in the ass. I think e's a bit hyper-active type but the real problem is he seemed didnt know his limit. He would go way to the limit and had always fail to realise that's actually beyond his limit. Result? Everyone got hurt.

For example once, during the eighties when the TVB series was the happening thing, one day after tuition, he wanted to play "Dong Che Sai Duk" (SomeTVB series) while passing a stick to me asking to play sword fight with him. Although I was pretty keen, I knew him too well that if I did engage this game with him, somehow I'll be in trouble.

My analysis:

Case#1: I pretend to lose and he'll beat the hell outta me, thinking it's funny. I feel happy - positive

Case#2: I pretend to lose and he'll beat the hell outta me, thinking it's funny. I feel like shit - negative

Case#3: I refuse to join him. He'll insist, and start beating the hell outta me because by then he would have a stick and I dont. Most probably until I bleed - negative

Case #4: I fight seriously. Beat the hell outta him. He tells everyone. I got beaten the hell outta myself by my dad and mom. - negative

Case#5: I fight cautously. Winning him but not putting him in pain. He will never give up, trying harder. What can I do? If I fight serious, refer to case #4. If I not........ Whatever, it'll never end before somebody gets some serious hurting. - negative

Case #6: I run off, telling the tuition teacher. She'll warn him and make us shake hands. However, when we step out of her room .... refer to case#5. - negative

Case #7: I run off, telling my parents or his parents. Refer to case#6, 5, 4.

Unless I'm a saint like in case#1, there'll never be a happy ending. There's always somebody in our lives, like him, who never know his limit. Or in other words, always push themselves to their limits, to do their best. In regardless what cost he may have to pay. Then he'll tell everybody he achieve that with sweat and blood. Everybody respect him.

WTF, sometimes it's MY sweat and blood!

Call me lame, but I'm a good quitter when I know the time better off to quit.

Now whenever I meet people who chase for their own interest on the expense of others' well being; I always think of this little I met.

He did teach me how to be a quitter.

He did leave some positive mark in my life afterall.

Live to fight another day lor.

Post a Comment


Blogger Chat