« Home | Guinea Pig Exercise » | Don't Mess With The Zohan » | It's Black, It's White » | Baby Anderson » | Ta Pin Low » | A Series Of Unfortunate Events » | count » | 080808 » | Daze Days » | My Dirty Weekend » 

Friday, November 07, 2008 

poem

I like poetry, and read works from all over the world from time to time. Engage with this poetry site, and they send poem to me occasionally.

This's what i got:



What the Pig Mama Says
The pupoh stopped to cheer.
Leklek was took away. He was mine biggest boy.
A good heart.
Saved the best for Yenyen
and Hokhok.
His- self eating leftovers.
I cried I cried.
Not knew the bastang took him where.
Gokgou told me was hell.
We ate much as we liked.
The white fence put us safe safe.
Always we talked, cheered.
The pupoh liked to play with Hokhok.
Mine little boy talked to them sweet.
He knew how make make community.
But Hokhok too was took away by same same bastang they took Leklek before.
Mine only girl Yenyen too sad to see her little brother went.
She kept quiet everydays think think.
I begged the bastang not took mine boy. They not understood.
Heard only something like “pok is good ”.
The pupoh talked little little.
Yenyen stopped to eat.
She said, “No Hokhok play wis me !” I sorry sorry for her.
The bastang came to take Yenyen.
I saw her away.
I not cried.
Maybe it better for Yenyen.
She will stop to think.
No more think.
No more think think.
Maybe I say too much. Who is listening to my story?


This is a poem that won 3rd prize in the Edwin Morgan International Poetry Competition 2008.

As a Chinese which English isn't my main language, i find it's a little hard to appreciate it.

Maybe i really suck in poetry.



Blogger Chat