« Home | The Taj Mahal » | Agra Fort » | Speaking Indian » | Masala Lemon » | Elephanta Caves » | Cari Makan » | Haji Ali Mosque » | Bhanganga » | Afghan Memorial Church » | Horn Ok Please » 

Monday, November 12, 2007 

MINE

I’m surprised at how happy and relieved I am to be home. As soon as we touched Malaysian soil, Clyde and I took a taxi straight home. I unpacked while Clyde drove out for a hearty Malaysian brekkie and tapau-ed BKT for me. BKT, oh how sweet art thou!

I just realised my car is available to me 24/7. My friends are at a distance of setanak nasi. My warm, cosy bed, my PS2, my little TV and DVD set, my dearest Astro, My spacious, clean bathroom, my walk-in wardrobe, my chatty colleagues, my lunch outings with them, my little cubicle, my desk lamp, our colour printer, our beloved designers and producers, the clean malaysian air, 4-lane highways, bigbigbig shopping malls, pasar malams, MIL’s soup, my favourite Thai massage place, my regular beauty/hair stylists, my bland Chinese stir-fried vegetable dishes, beef, pork, duck and crab dishes, belaccan chilli, endless Chinese 8-course dinners, DVD pedlars, calls at local rates, free laundry and cleaning services from our maid, etc. I know I missed all things familiar, but I didn't know I missed them sooo much.

Amen! :)

Today I missed India too but mostly the shopping bit. I feel they have got so much to offer as their main attraction (street shopping) is the best I have encountered, knocking Bangkok to 2nd place on my list. Sight seeing is brilliant too, if only the government can turn the country around and make it more tourist friendly.



Blogger Chat