« Home | The Playground » | Duit Kopi » | Not Sked » | Clyde's Sukses » | happens » | The End Of An Era » | poem » | Guinea Pig Exercise » | Don't Mess With The Zohan » | It's Black, It's White » 

Monday, January 26, 2009 

It Starts From My Toes

It's kinda embarassing to say this actually, and a bit awkward too. Dunno if it's bcoz I am no longer working full time or I had the space and peace to really really reflect on myself but..

I kinda embraced my arch nemesis - the much dreaded annual CNY celebrations.

I didn't resent all the cooking and cleaning as much but instead I did more this year, and I believe I actually attempted to reach out today, the 1st day of Chinese lunar calendar. I would be lying if I said I didn't miss the hustle and bustle of 14 busy working years at all or the pinch at having to miss another year of fantastic bonuses, the juicy lunchtime gossips, the constant bickering in the office for the sake of deadlines and QC, but I didn't cringe at the stampede of visiting relatives and kids running about the house. Nothing's changed at all, but something, SOMETHING is going right.

*back slaps*

Now this girl is going to reward herself with a good 90 minutes aromatherapy massage tomorrow.



Blogger Chat