« Home | Worry » | New Era » | Otaku! » | Tim Burton n Neil Gaiman » | Why Hate CNY? » | CNY » | Horrific Diorific » | He Didnt Want to Kill, She Didnt Want to Run » | CNY (Cina Nak Yahoo) » | Present » 

Tuesday, March 18, 2008 

PAWS

My proudest achievement so far this 2008 is finally getting down and dirty for some charity work I have been putting off for the longest time. The highlight of my prolonged CNY leave was volunteering 2 days a week caring for dogs and joining as a lifetime member for PAWS. I even have my very own car sticker and t-shirt! :D Not that I have anything to prove, but I wear them with mucho pride and lurrrve. I actually have a photo of my tanned feet after walking, bathing and grooming 9 doggies successfully! I would post it here but I ter-deleted it.

I met Edward, the person who ‘runs’ the show and Tan, the chap who takes care of the animals with the help of a few others. I was introduced to the puppies’ den and was told to take the pups for walks before bathing them. Most of the puppies are very energetic and playful but there are a few that are so petrified they wouldn’t move. They just stood with their tail between their legs and whimper. My heart sank when all my cajoling and cuddling didn’t do any good so I just bathed and groomed them. God knows what they went through to end up like this. :’(

It has been a month now and I miss them so. Work has been really intense and my back’s been aching so I don’t know when I will be back, but I know I will. :’)

Anyone interested for volunteering work, donation,etc PAWS is still located en route Subang airport. They need all the help they can get from old newspaper, used towels, cages, food and medications down to money and TLC. So have a heart and help out please?



Blogger Chat