« Home | Horrific Diorific » | He Didnt Want to Kill, She Didnt Want to Run » | CNY (Cina Nak Yahoo) » | Present » | I've Been Bkk-ed! » | Still Banana What » | Classic » | Keretapi » | Thunderbolt » | I Am Legend » 

Friday, February 08, 2008 

CNY

2nd day of CNY, 5th day of my leave and I’m already suffering from internet withdrawal symptoms, routine and the usual bantering of friends and co-workers.

For the life of me, I don’t understand what’s with all the hassles for CNY. Everybody is getting so exhausted and stressed out from preparing the finest foods, having the cleanest house and giving the biggest angpows. All the yelling and screaming for a tradition that’s supposed to reunite family members. Trust me, the last thing you get is neither unity nor prosperity but friggin’ high blood pressure. Does it have to be this way?

And why does relatives who didn’t exist half your life suddenly reappears and lecture you on the do’s and dont’s of life? When to marry, who to marry, why must marry, must have babies if you don’t want to be labelled a failure, working overseas is nothing to be proud of, must work with your husband and own your own business coz employees are of the lowest class, etc. What is this, the Gospel according to Mr. I-Eat-More-Salt-Than-You-Eat-Rice? I always think that unless your life is a shinning example, please don’t.

Just.

Don’t.

Did I mention I hate CNY? Only 100 times? Well, make it 101. It’s official. I hate CNY.



Blogger Chat