« Home | Still Banana What » | Classic » | Keretapi » | Thunderbolt » | I Am Legend » | 2008 » | 2007 » | Brother Number One » | 2nd, 3rd.... Go! » | Rapist Fails To Have Jail Term Reduced » 

Thursday, January 17, 2008 

I've Been Bkk-ed!

Sometimes life turns out funny.

There was this kecik meow job that nobody wanted to work on, not even the most junior creative. It’s menial, insignificant with tiresome amendments everyday. It was just a 10 seconder promo that I had to work on coz the account falls under my team. Due to time and budget constraints, it was butchered beyond imagination and everyone declined ownership.

Surprisingly, I got to go Bangkok last weekend to do the kine transfer.

*gloat*

This was my first time travelling alone and I think I did very well. :)

Client was on a different flight and hotel so I didn’t have to entertain and had time to do some serious damage to my purse in Chatuchak, Robinson and MBK. I didn’t buy enough Baht as I ended up with too much leftovers the last time I was there. Managed to get around via MRT and BTS lines. Somehow shopping in Bangkok isn’t the same anymore. I guess the Thai economy and tourism went up a notch coz I noticed vendors aren’t as willing to bargain their prices and service actually sucks a little. Even the Wacoal salesgirls in Robinson sneered at me and cracked jokes among themselves as I was picking out my goods. I may not understand Thai but trust me,I can tell a rude remark from a friendly one.

Anyhoo, I was the one walking away with bountiful bras and plentiful panties so, up yours. :D

I still like Thailand for it’s colourful culture and tantalising foods and I think it’s a haven for shopaholics and pleasure seekers. I will definitely be back with friends and family in tow but I don’t think I can last more than 1 month there, work wise.



Blogger Chat